If you are requesting a price quote on a guitar, information below does not apply, as you are not under any obligation, and no payment is needed. However, if you are ready place your order, or want to purchase a guitar from my inventory, please review the following terms:
- Downpayment on commissions: Why a downpayment? Think of it as your commitment to your future guitar. In return, I make a commitment to you, reserving time in my building schedule to work on your guitar. Additionally, your downpayment allows me to plan for the tonewoods, tuners, etc.. This downpayment is applied toward the total price of your guitar, and is non-refundable.
- 50% of the total price will be due prior to the beginning of construction. I will invoice you when I am ready to begin the work on your instrument.
- Balance due at completion, before the instrument is shipped.
- Another option: if you prefer, the entire price of the guitar can be paid upfront.
Shipping, Handling and Insurance Charges
- Shipping within USA: FREE
- International shipping costs, applicable customs duties or importation taxes (if any) are the responsibility of the purchaser. If you are an international buyer, you may not know exact shipping costs at the time of your order. I am not able to provide you with exact shipping quote for the future date. However, I am happy to provide you with a quote of current rates available through FedEx or UPS.
- Pick-up your guitar in person. In addition to meeting your luthier, you can also spend some time in the beautiful Portland. If you are in the mood to venture beyond the city, you can visit the surrounding mountains, forests, Pacific Ocean beaches, and waterfalls along the mighty Columbia river. While at it, why not sip a few local beers, visit nearby wineries and taste some seriously good coffee?!
Estimated Completion / Delivery Date
I make every effort to fulfill my orders on schedule. Since this is a one-person shop, unforeseen circumstances may occasionally interrupt the flow of my work. If a delay is anticipated, I will notify you promptly. Otherwise, I look forward to delivering your guitar on time.
5-Day Approval Period
I am committed to producing the finest instruments I am capable of. I want for you to be satisfied with the quality, set-up and sound of your guitar. For that reason, I offer a five-day approval period, which begins on the day the shipping carrier delivers the guitar to the destination address. If, within that 5-day period, you determine that the guitar is not for you, notify me via e-mail or telephone, and arrange for a return. This approval period does not apply to highly customized guitars.
Returns and Refund
- COMMISSIONED GUITARS. Please notify me of your intent to return the guitar within the approval period (Read “5-Day Approval Period” section above). Return shipping and insurance costs will be paid by you, and will not be refunded. To qualify for a refund, returned guitar (and the original supplied case) must be received in its original condition, without modifications or damage. The refund amount will be calculated as follows:
Original purchase price minus initial downpayment minus any restoration costs if the guitar arrives altered or damaged --------------- = Refund amount
Refund will be issued upon re-sale of the guitar to another customer or within 60-days, whichever is sooner.
- PURCHASED FROM INVENTORY. Guitars purchased from inventory qualify for a full refund. Shipping/insurance charges (both directions) will be your responsibility, and will not be refunded. The guitar must be returned in its original condition. In an event of damage to the instrument, any restoration costs will be deducted from the amount of the refund.
If there is a problem, I’ll take care of it. Can it be any simpler than that? Okay, I must add a few more details. You are responsible for any shipping/insurance costs. This warranty does not cover periodic maintenance, French polish touch-up, tuners, worn frets, general wear and tear, damages arising from neglect, abuse, exposure to extremes of temperature or humidity, accidents, destruction, natural disasters, war, etc..
Service and Repairs
I will gladly provide repair and maintenance service to address common wear and tear or any other issues not covered under warranty.