This pre-owned classical guitar built in 2009 is in mint condition. Lightly-built, responsive guitar, with an excellent balance and tonal range. Photos are below, as well as a youtube video with a recording made on this guitar a couple of years ago. The sound has only matured and blossomed since. I touched-up the french polish, dressed the frets, and made any needed adjustments, to ensure the set up and playability are optimal. There was a small “string-burn” below the bridge, under high E string which has been carefully repaired, and is barely visible. Otherwise there have never been any cracks, modifications or additional repairs. (scroll down to see guitar specs)
link to a video of the guitar and soundtrack
- Soundboard: Engelmann Spruce
- Back/sides: East Indian Rosewood (EIR)
- Neck: Spanish Cedar
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, a.k.a morado, palo santos, caviuna, Brazilian ironwood, and Bolivian rosewood, to name a few. This wood has very fine, closed-pore structure and is similar in feel and density to ebony. At the same time, the wood has a lower dampening factor, and has a “ring” to it similar to rosewoods. This translates to improved sustain and a slightly lower weight.
- Headstock veneer is made of two book-matched pieces of ziricote, with a pale sap wood outline reminiscent of an obsidian arrow tip.
- Scale length: 655 mm.
- Neck width is 52mm at the nut and 62 mm at the 12th fret.
- Body depth is approx. 86mm at the heel, and 92 at the tail-block.
- Tuners: Premium Gotoh tuners with ebony buttons, and golden-matte finish over the metalwork.
- Guitar case included with the purchase: Black Humicase Metro